||Sales & Marketing
The Marketing Communications Manager role will develop marketing, communication programs and collateral to support First Trust
Portfolios Canada’s product lines. The communication strategies will result in clear and compelling communications that aid the
understanding and ultimately support the sales of First Trust products.
Position Reports to: Steven Kim, Vice President
- Develop and execute strategic marketing communication plans to support the launch and ongoing support of product initiatives.
- Work with stakeholders as well as external partners to create marketing programs that promote First Trust’s products.
- Write, create and execute on the development of dynamic marketing collateral which best supports the intended audience and message.
This could include marketing brochures, newsletters, direct mail and direct email campaigns, wikis, internet sites, webcasts, videos,
press releases, social media and other channels.
- Measure the success of marketing campaigns and ensure target penetration and utilization rates of all products are reached.
- Analyze competitors, Canadian market trends, U.S. trends, and legislative changes.
- A minimum of 5-7 years management experience in marketing and communication within an asset management firm, financial services or a related industry.
- Collateral creation.
- Superior writing and editing skills are essential.
- Proven project management skills.
- Experience working with outside agencies and creative consulting firms.
- University degree or equivalent.
- Marketing, Journalism or Communications Degree/Certificate.
- HTML programming and use of design software such as Quark and Adobe Creative Suites.
- Advanced interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strategic thinker - used to focusing on the big picture.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Business to business marketing experience.
- Knowledge of digital communication channels.
- The ability to write, create and edit strategic pieces of communication is essential to success in this position.
- A demonstration of writing/editing skill will be required as part of the interview process.
To apply: Please email your resume or mail your resume to:
FT Portfolios Canada Co. 330 Bay Street, Suite 1300 Toronto, ON M5H 2S8
Note: We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be
contacted, no agencies or solicitations please.